CALL FOR ENTRIES

by • 26. June, 2015 • All, FeaturedComments (0)1227

11018628_600073963466957_205490277429324168_o

— SUBMISSIONS FOR DRY MAGAZINE ISSUE 5 —

With the next issue of Dry Magazine we want to combine our visually strong and creatively challenging content with a larger purpose. Instead of just showcasing what we see as the most progressive and interesting in the worlds of photography, music, art and fashion, we want to use our voice like true art and media is supposed to. 90 percent of the media in the US are controlled just by six huge corporations. These corporations are enormously influential, and all over the world the medias are getting concentrated in fewer and fewer hands each year. Since Dry Magazine is completely independent, we want to use our voice to make a statement.

The overall theme of the issue is “Inequality”. We live in a world which is increasingly becoming more and more inequal. A recent report shows that unless the current trend of rising inequality is changed, the combined wealth of the richest 1 percent will overtake that of the other 99 percent of people by 2016. The issue of inequality has never been more relevant and we want to address this matter with a different approach than typical news medias. We want to seek the contrasts of rich and poor by putting focus on issues such as criminality, poverty, consumerism, addiction, overconsumption and racism in an artistic and abstract way that provokes the conversation. We want to inspire our audience with a combination of striking visuals and in-depth articles that all share the mission of enlightening about the issue of inequality. This can be through photo series, fashion editorials, art pieces, interviews, articles, essays etc. The possibilities are many and we would love to hear your ideas on how to interpret this theme.

To submit please send an e-mail to [email protected] with the text “ISSUE V” included in the subject.

Related Posts